Payhembury Parish Council meet 6 times a year, at 7.30pm on the 2nd Wednesday of alternate months starting in January, in the Parish Hall. Everyone is welcome to attend and to 'Have Their Say' during the 'Public Session' during the early part of the agenda.
Dates for 2020 Council meetings are:
- Wednesday 8th January 2020
- Wednesday 11th March 2020
- Wednesday 13th May 2020
- Wednesday 8th July 2020
- Wednesday 9th September 2020
- Wednesday 11th November 2020
The Annual Parish Meeting for 2020 will be held on Saturday 28th March, from 10-12, in the Parish Hall.
The Annual Parish Meeting normally takes place between March and May and it enables the public can find out more about what the Parish Council have done over the previous year and what they are planning for the next. It is an opportunity to provide feedback, ask questions and talk to the Councillors in a more informal setting than the normal Parish Council meetings. The meeting can take various formats but in recent years it has been held on a Saturday in the Parish Hall with local clubs and societies invited to join the Parish Council in meeting parishioners and showcasing what they do. Since 2018 other events are been run alongside the Annual Parish meeting:
- 2nd June 2018 - Marty's Party was held to say goodbye to our very well-loved, long-serving Postie, Marty, who was retiring.
- 30th March 2019 - The opening of the new Colestocks to Payhembury footpath and the planting of the Landmark trees.
- 28th March 2020 - A Local Food and Sustainability Fair is being planned. Look out for further information here and via the Parish Paper over the next few weeks.
Agendas and minutes for meetings can be found here.